About UsPhilosophy and Statement of Purpose
Charisma Centre for the Arts (formerly Charisma School of the Arts) was founded in 1992 as an extension of the ministries of Christian Assembly and as an extension of the local church to provide Biblical instruction and practical training in art-related areas including (but not excluded to) dance, drama, tumbling, juggling, musical instruction and visual arts.
We seek first and foremost to pursue the Kingdom of God through every extension of our being that His glory may be manifest in the lives of those who believe in Jesus Christ. We purpose to maintain a Biblical standard for all codes of conduct and instruction. Instructors and students are expected to exhibit and maintain a Christian life-style that is consistent with the concepts and practices outlined in Scripture. We stress high standards in achievement, social skills, and spiritual development, and students are nurtured in a loving, caring environment and encouraged to reach their individual God-given potential.
All students trained under the auspices of Charisma Centre for the Arts are provided the opportunity to expand their God-given abilities or acquire the skills necessary to function in a selected concentration. Our goal is to launch individuals into areas of ministry and worship that minister to the LORD and impact their local church and community.
Statement of Faith
Charisma Centre for the Arts accepts the Holy Scriptures as the revealed will of God and the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice.
1. We believe and accept the entire Bible as the infallible Word of God, inspired by the Holy Ghost; the only and perfect order of our faith and manner of living to which nothing can be added or taken away, which is the power of God unto salvation to believers. II Peter 1:21; II Timothy 3:16-17; Roman 1:16
2. We believe there is only one living and true God, eternal, with unlimited power; Creator of all things and in the one Gad are three distinct persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 4:6; Matthew 28:19; I John 5:7
3. We believe that the Son of God is the Word made flesh, who assumed the human body through the Virgin Mary, and so is true God and true man, two natures in one person, the divine and human and, therefore, is the only Savior who, in reality, suffered death not only for the primitive transgressions, but also for the actual sins of man. John 1:14; Luke 27-35; I Peter 3:18
4. We believe that regeneration or the new birth is received only through faith in Christ Jesus, who was raised for our justification., They who are in Christ Jesus (cleansed through His blood) are new creatures and have Him for wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption. Roman 3:24-28; II Corinthians 5:17; II Corinthians 1:30
5. We believe in water baptism by immersion, "in the Name of he Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" according to Matthew 28:18-19 and "in Jesus Name" according to Acts 2:38.
6. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an experience received subsequent to salvation, with the initial physical sign of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance. Acts 2:4
7. We believe in the LORD's Supper (Communion) according to Luke 22;19-20 and I Corinthians 11:23-26.
8. We believe that provision is made in the redemptive work of the LORD Jesus Christ for the healing of the body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the church in this present age. Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:18; John 5:14; James 5:14
9. We believe in the personal bodily return of the LORD Jesus Christ for His Church. Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; I Corinthians 15:51-54
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, some to everlasting punishment and some to everlasting reward. Acts 24:15; John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46